Saturday, March 6, 2010

Progress in Pink

It has taken a while, but the first clothes from my "piles of pink" are here and even listed!  I absolutely am in love with the pants from the Vera scarves.  I hadn't realized back in the 60s that she did cotton scarves.  All my aunts had her other scarves and of course her table linens, but I saw little ruffle pants when I found these 2 scarves, and here they are!
I also have  a lot of the vintage cotton eyelet fabrics which I've been collecting for years.  I really like the peasant tops in it, and little ruffle pants too, but QUESTION!  For you moms with little ones, do you think the little girls prefer a top with or without elastic around the empire waist.  I could make the top more free flowing, but I am looking for feedback from moms!
On my table is a nearly finished Easter dress in froth of white embroidered dots on white and blue cotton and this amazing antique bird trim.  Then I woke up this morning and could barely walk because of some back spasm I have never had before!  Progress is slow.  This has been a real challenging few months for me with my health still.  But this morning in (IN)courage, I read "Come to me all you who are weary....and I will give you rest for your soul"  It immediately made me think of this adorable freebie pic that Dawn at thefeatherednest  had so graciously put out for us!  I wanted to share it with any of you who may also be feeling the need for a big wing around you to give comfort to your soul.  All is not as I had hoped and planned, but, as my friend Connie says, ALL IS WELL.

7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty Pink Saturday Post! You can join by going to Beverly's blog http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com ~ just leave Beverly a comment saying you want to join ♥ I've been posting to Pink Saturday for a couple of years now & the group has really grown :-D.
    Hope you are feeling better with your back this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathi!
    I'm sorry it's taken me so long to answer you...I've been a little out-of-pocket this weekend! Well, what you do is highlight and copy (hold down the control button and press C) the crazy looking code under my button. Then go to the layout of your blog. Add a gadget and choose the HTML option. Then you paste (hold down the control button and press V) the code into the open area and then save!
    That's all there is to it. Plus you can slide the gadgets around and place them where you want them ~ thank you so much for linking to me Kathi!!!

    Wishing you a wonderful week,
    hugs and love,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathi! I believe we're neighbors! Makes this whole venture a little more believable! Enjoy the snow. From Lake Wildwood. Pam

    http://pamssointoit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Pink Saturday Kathi Sweetie...
    Welcome to Pink Saturday and I am so thrilled to meet you. You have a beautiful blog home here, and I adore all the pretty things that you have sewn. How beautiful they are.

    I love the little pants outfit. The eyelet top is just precious, I too love to see with eyelet. As a grandmother of 8 children, 4 of whom are girls, I love having the eleastic in the top, when the girls are playing outside, their shirt doesn't go past there with the elastic. It holds it down somewhat. I like that, as well as elastic in the waist.

    You have a beautiful blog home, and I have signed up to follow you sweetie. I can't wait to see what you share next, or what you sew next. Please stop by and say hi. I would be so honored if you signed up to follow my blog as well.

    I hope your back is feeling better soon also, I am almost forgot. I love Dawn's little graphic. She makes some of the most beautiful things ever. Love it.

    Country hgus sweetie...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable outfit! My little girl is all grown up now but I know she would have preferred the elastic. I don't know why, but she liked the tighter feeling, still does with wearing belts, etc. You're very talented! Feel better soon and Happy PS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh, those are presh! I love that they're made of Vera prints. And do I ever remember and love the white eyelet fabric. My dear Mother made me a long dress out of it in the 70's for me to wear to an awards' banquet. Sorry I don't have any experience in the "what a child prefers to wear" category.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my stars I love the Vera scarf pants! What a great reeuse of fabrics!
    The eyelet is gorgeous. My little girl(age 4) does not like the elastic to be too tight but she does not mind it. I like the peasants both ways. With and with out elastic. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails