Thursday, December 13, 2012

"Oh Come, Oh Come ...and be Thyself our Prince of Peace"

I listened with deep feelings to this new release of a very old hymn today.  It is Advent....the time the Church waits for birth, rebirth...we wait for the celebration, long for it because our labor pains are strong. 


We feel the broken places of our lives and our friends' lives and our world...and I long for healing, for end to the injustices, the cancer, the diseases, the unemployment and poverty.  OH COME OH COME EMMANUEL.

 AND RANSOM CAPTIVE ISRAEL....
There is hope.  Every day I find more links to people in dark places who are making a difference.  As a seamstress, I love this hope in the cottage business of sewing and designing!  We can buy their cute bags!  http://freesetglobal.com/stock-bags/shop-USA.html
Check out our promo video
Freeset is a fair trade business offering employment to women trapped in Kolkata's sex trade. We make quality jute bags and organic cotton t-shirts, but our business is freedom!

I know all too well that I alone can't make much difference, and can't bear the pain...It breaks me.  But WE can create a strong braided cord if we work together with God.  Even in our brokenness there are glimpses of joy, glimpses of healing of hearts though bodies still suffer, glimpses of progress--not perfection--growth, change, Love.  
                             God IS WITH US.
and in my broken state, I can link arms with others who feel too their broken places, and we can be with each other,  the physical touch of the invisible God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails