Friday, October 4, 2013

Day 4 Your One Wild & Precious Life

"You are blessed when you're content with just who you are---no more no less.  That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought."   (Jesus...Matthew 5:5  in The Message)

I love this translation.  It is often written as "the meek"  the "gentle and lowly"....the humble.  But that word humble used to have a very dark meaning for me...it was about being humiliated.  This opens up for me that humility is being at rest with the person I am, the one God created, with my inadequacies and fears and downright deficiencies.  It takes me to a place where I am very very clear that I am not God, and I am made for a reason, but not to be all in all as God is....God knows very intimately my fears and brain injury issues....and loves me deeply AS that. It also takes me to a place where I don't need to compare me to others who I think really have a ministry, or .... When I am in acceptance of this,  I am in possession of a LOVE deeper and wider than the ocean, that will not EVER let go of me.  I am in possession of great serenity and peace that lead to an UNself-consciousness which always has more to give to others than a self-conscious me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails