Wednesday, February 23, 2011

In the Depth of Winter

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was  in me an invincible summer."          
                             Albert Camus, Nobel Prize winning author

It is cold here.  Another big snow storm supposed to come in tomorrow and drop 1-2 feet of snow here.  Life has been full of storms the past few months.  So when I came across this quote today, it really took hold.  The apple blossom reminds me of seasons and change and hope.
...and I just love apple blossoms. Their scent, their colors, shape, and the promise of fresh home grown apples!  Spring, summer, are here within me.
  I've been finding comfort in sewing tiny spring dresses and ruffles and using the handmade laces of those artisans who have gone before me.  This is version 2 of my flower fairy dress...it is sold out now too, and I'm working on a new one in beautiful lavenders and peaches.




The beautiful collage at the top of the blog has my peach baby hat included with these other beautiful etsy item.  It  was so pretty, I decided to share it here.  You can click on any of the pictures to get to them directly on etsy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails