Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Graduation! Watch my "baby" bird fly!





I have to apologize for not keeping up with my new blog, and show you why!! This mother bird has been really busy with my firstborn jumping from tree limbs and flying! The past few weeks have been full to overflowing with wonderful "lasts"....last comedy sportz show, last Chamber Choir concert, last concert choir concert, baccalaureate, last homework, last presentation, right up to the graduation walk itself!... it is a thrill and also a loss for me, the mama. I am so glad for these years with Dylan. He is accepted into Columbia College Chicago, and is leaving to start there September 8th. He will be focusing on musical theater, combining his two biggest passions. We are proud, and aching at how far away Chicago is....thankful I will still have a couple more years with my beautiful Chloe, as she is now a junior! (they are the middle two in this bottom photo, in case you don't know) Being a mom is a huge privilege. I am grateful daily.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Dylan!! He will love Chicago. We still love it so much.

    Yes, our baby birds leaving the nest is hard. But they were meant to soar and we would not hold them back for anything, right Mama? We are heading into the same thing this year with India as a senior. How is that possible? But it will be good.

    Hugs to you my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails